Your Instructor: Mummie Alamin
I am a DONA International Certified Birth Doula, a Traditional Postpartum Doula, and a Pelvic Steam Facilitator. My interest in birthwork came from a desire to change the way birth is approached. I believe the birth culture in America has lost the most important elements that are necessary for people to leave their birth experience feeling truly and wholly cared for. Birthwork seeks to meet people where they are at and honor their personhood with evidence-based information. Birthwork is integral to birth justice for so many families in a system that largely ignores the agency of the birther. My desire is to be a supportive part of pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
When I am not supporting clients, I am hanging out with the coolest toddler, my son, or cozied up in my favorite chair reading a book.
- Enlightened Mama trained Doula 2018
- Graduate of The Minnesota Birth Center Doula Program 2018/2019
- Former Everyday Miracles Doula intern
- DONA International Certified Doula
- Spinning Babies trained personally by Gail Tully
- TNPS Traditional Moroccan Postpartum Doula 2021
- Gilligan's Guide trained 2019 and 2021
- Steamy Chick Certified Peristeam Facilitator June 2021
Connect with me at: mummiethedoula.com